Southwest soccer may not start now, but SW Soccer planning starts now.
· FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION: Usually the first week in August. Watch the website for date, and for the eligibility packet.
· CAPTAIN’S PRACTICE: August 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 from, 10:00 a.m. until noon. This is not mandatory, but all interested players are encouraged to attend. Lynnhurst Park, Mpls.
· SOUTHWEST SUMMER SOCCER CAMP – A MAJOR BOOSTER FUNDRAISER: August 6 – 9th. 5 pm - 7 pm, Incoming grades 4 – 9. SWHS Stadium, 48th Street and Abbott Ave S.. Incoming 11th and 12th graders from 2017 SWHS soccer teams are encouraged to come and assist.
· TRYOUTS: Monday through Friday, August 13, 14, 15, 16, 17. 20, 21st, 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Lynnhurst Park, Mpls
· BLAINE SCRIMMAGES: Saturday, August 18th. Details TBD. This event is a part of tryouts,and is limited to players being considered for the Varsity squad.
· ROCHESTER OVERNIGHT: Sunday, August 19 – Monday, August 20th, Usually leave SWHS at approx 5:00 p.m., and return Monday at about 4:00 p.m. This event is a part of tryouts and is limited to players being considered for the Varsity squad. Details TBD.
· UNIFORM PICK-UP DAY: Wednesday August 22nd, at SWHS, Time TBD.
· WELCOME PICNIC: WEDNESDAY Aug 27, 6:00 pm, Be prompt. Beards Plaissance Park, 4525 Upton Ave Mpls. All Parents and players are required to attend. Booster fee due then and soccer gear (socks, practice jerseys, etc) to be given out then.