Congratulations to all the players who have been placed on a 2016 Lakers Soccer team! The season starts on August 25, when the Freshmen and Sophomore squads play Washington Technology Magnet. GO LAKERS! All squads play at home on Saturday, August 27!
Sunday, August 28, 5:00 - 7:30, at Beard's Plaisance, 4525 Upton Avenue S., MPLS
- Meet and greet our 2016 coaches, other Lakers, and family members
- All players, and at least one parent or guardian, should plan to attend; all family members are welcome
- Hot dogs provided by the Booster club; families contribute by bringing:
- Seniors - Bottled water (24-36 bottles) in coolers on ice
- Juniors - Dessert
- Sophomores - Salad (fresh fruit, pasta, or green salad)
- Freshmen - Salad (fresh fruit, pasta, or green salad)
- The Booster Club will collect player contributions of $125.00, payable by check, at the Welcome picnic
- Players will receive schedules, team rosters, and practice shifts
- Volunteer: The Southwest Men's Soccer Booster Club is a volunteer organization, that relies on contribution of time from parents, family members and friends. Sign up today to volunteer for concessions, as a score keeper, announcer, or for other opportunities. We are especially in need of volunteers to work the games that are scheduled for Saturday, August 27!
Ball Chasers Needed Immediately!
We are looking for younger soccer players ages 9-13 to be ball chasers for varsity home games (see the Varsity calendar for schedule). Ask your younger soccer players, neighbors, and friends to sign up today. Ball chasers show off their soccer speed while helping their high school team, and earn $5 plus a treat at the concession stand. For details and to sign up-Contact Teena Pflum, firstname.lastname@example.org / 612-518-1901.
The is open again through August 30. Order online today for great SW Lakers spirit wear. If you ordered earlier in the summer your purchases will be available at the Welcome Picnic.